Sunday 29 May 2016

MAY FAVOURITES

Hi there!

I'm back! I took some time off and I can't say that it's solved everything - I hadn't thought it would, anyway - but I have been able to get stuff straight and think about whatever it is I had to think about.

So it's now June already (HELP, WHERE'S MY 2016 GONE?) and as there are a few things that I loved in May that I wanted to talk to you about, I thought it would be the only right time for a May Favourites.



Okay, first things first; beauty. These past few weeks, I have been LIVING for my Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks in colours 111 and 107. I may have mentioned these before - no, I definitely have - but I've got all the good reasons because I love every single thing about them. They're incredibly pigmented, last forever, have a beautiful moisturised matte finish. Basically, they're everything you'd imagine the perfect matte lipstick would be. The 111 is an amazing bright red and the 107 is a slightly darker, kind of berry-vibed, colour. Must have for every beauty-guru. Jus' sayin'.



Another, slightly less glamourous, beauty product I wanted to mention, is Bio-Oil. I don't know if this is sold in the UK or the US, but you can probably order it online somewhere. This stuff is amazing. I think it's best described as multi-purpose body oil, and it's absolutely incredible. On the bottle itself it says you can use it for - wait for it, got to get me bottle - scars, stretch marks, pigmentation spots, aging skin and dehydrated skin. I have been using it for scars and stretch marks and, although it's been a struggle to remember to use it twice a day, most of my stretch marks and scars have gotten so much better. The majority is hardly visible anymore and the ones that are still visible have faded a great deal as well. I used to be so insecure about my stretch marks, scrupling to wear shorts, and now, even though you can still see them when you know where to look, I feel so much better about it. Before you start thinking this will be your saviour, it doesn't promise to completely remove all scars / stretch marks / pigmentation spots / wrinkles, but I'm pretty sure you'll see some result, at least.



Beauty ramble done. Moving on to books. I've not been reading as much as I would have liked to in the past few weeks, but what I did read - and loved - is 'I'll Give You the Sun' by Jandy Nelson. The story is about two twin sisters who grow apart as they grow up. It might be a little bit of a basic topic for a book but Jandy Nelson has written it in a way I haven't seen anybody do, ever, and I loved it. You know those books that make you feel every single emotion at once and you get really confused? This is one of them. I cried, laughed, cringed and got angry whilst reading this book and I couldn't put it down. Must read.




I'm really proud of the connection I'm gonna make between my last favourite and the next one, because my favourite way to read a book is whilst enjoying a good cup of tea. One of my absolute favourites at the moment is this one from Pickwick called 'Sterrenmunt'. You probably won't recognise the name because it's Dutch but it tastes of anise, mint, fennel and licorice aka absolutely heavenly. It's really calming and - this may sound weird - the aftertaste may be even better than the actual taste. You'll just have to try it.



The last thing I've loved in May - lil' bit different - is Copenhagen. I conquered my anxiety and got on a plane at the beginning of the month and didn't regret it. Copenhagen is a beautiful city, I fell in love with its broad streets and tranquil parks and I definitely want to go back there someday.

We were all smiles for pretty much the entire trip :)
I look rather bored because my dad was lecturing me for the bezillionth time about plants...


And that concludes my May Favourites! I hope you read something you liked, and please comment down below some of your favourite things from May :)

Have a lovely day and I'll see you soon!

Love,
Rosaly

No comments:

Post a Comment