Sunday 14 December 2014

DIY: Housekeys

Hello!

Since I am the worst at remembering which one of my housekeys is for which door - they all look so much alike! - and my key covers always fall apart in no time, I couldn't help but give a little squeak when I recently saw an Instagram post from HEMA where they had covered their keys in, believe it or not, nail polish. I needed to try that out.

So, two days later, I was happy to throw all of the key covers, sticky from the duct tape, in the bin for good, and start over.

Turns out, it was not at all as simple as I thought it would be, but after a good hour messing around with nail polish and Scotch tape, I was finally done.

This is what you will need: paper, Scotch tape and as many colours of nail polish as you want to use
These are the colours I chose, they're all from Maybelline NY Color Show, I am absolutely loving those right now.
From left to right: Downtown Red, Midnight Taupe, Maybe Blue, Superpower Blue, Urban Coral


This is where the Scotch tape comes in, I found it was easier to make sure your keys don't go anywhere while you are varnishing them, because believe me, it can go horribly wrong ;)
This was actually my favorite colour, and also the one that succeeded the best...
This is also the work of Mr. Scotch Tape ;)
Yup, that can also be the outcome of this DIY...


Overall, I was pretty happy with how it turned out... I think this is an excellent way of being able to keep your keys apart, and it also looks very cheerful - I think, anyway - A nice side effect is that you can change the colours any time you want, because after all, it's still nail polish, and all you'll need is nail polish remover...



What do you think of my new housekeys?

Love,
Rosaly 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment