Wednesday 24 December 2014

Recipe: When the Weather Outside is Frightful...

... and the fire is so delightful...

I feel like it's been ages since I last uploaded, but guys,

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS! - it's Chistmas Eve, to be exact -

I have been singing Christmas songs non-stop for the last couple of days - read: weeks- and I probably won't stop until the 31st of January :)

Now what I like to do when it's nearly Christmas, is cuddle up on the couch with some hot chocolate and Christmas treats watching Christmas movies. So, to get me in the mood, I made these little pastries with almond and fig.



What you are going to need for 16 pastries:
- 16 slices of puff pastry
- 375 grams of apricots
- 12 whole figs
- 300 grams of almond paste


- 3 eggs yolks


- 1 tsp of lemon juice

- 30 grams of slivered almonds
- an oven (pre-heat at 200 degrees Celsius)

Step 1:
Slice the figs and the apricots.

Step 2:
Mix the almond paste with two egg yolks and the lemon juice
and "stir" until it looks something like this:

Step 3:
Spread the almond paste with egg - I don't know what else to call it ;) - over the puff pastry, and put approximately 5 slices of apricot and 3-4 slices of fig on top.

Step 4:
Fold the corners of the puff pastry over the center, cover with the third egg yolk, sprinkle some slivered almonds over the top and in the oven they go!


The recipe told me to leave them in the oven for 20 minutes, but mine needed 40 minutes, so keep an eye out :)

What is your favourite Christmas treat?

Merry Christmas,
Rosaly

No comments:

Post a Comment