Tuesday 21 June 2016

WARNING: UNEXPLORED TERRAIN | TUESDAY TANTRUMS

Hi there,

It's a bit late, but I didn't want to break my promise after just one week of Tuesday Tantrums, so here's another one. I wrote this today in my math class - the most boring one of all. Enjoy!


New things are scary. That, I think, is a well known fact.
But to me, new things have never been as new and as scary as they are right now.
I had a meeting this morning, and as I'm writing this, I'm still shaking.
My head is busy stressing out, my legs feel like spaghetti.
The amount of new things that flew through the room during that meeting is not to be counted on one hand.

But why are new things so scary?
Why do we freak out the minute we hear the possibility of doing something that lays somewhat out of our comfort zone?
Especially when there is only evidence of positive effects of doing such things?

The moment we step out of our comfort zone is the moment we start learning.
And Rosaly, wasn't that what your whole meeting was about?
That school is still too much in your comfort zone and you need something new to step out of it and learn again?

True, but that doesn't stop me from shaking,
or my head from stressing out,
or my legs from feeling like spaghetti.
Because to be fair, the new things that flew around that room were pretty scary.
Scarier than your average school project.
Like skipping-a-year-scary.
Scary yet exciting.
And that might also add to the fact that I'm shaking.
Shaking from excitement.

Good thing?
Bad thing?
I don't know.

I only know that this will not be the last meeting that has me shaking for a good three hours and a half.
And that's indeed all I know at the moment.
Because.
Maths.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

It's not too long of a tantrum today, but I hope you like it anyway.

See you on Sunday with a VERY SPECIAL POST!

Love,
Rosaly

No comments:

Post a Comment