Thursday 1 January 2015

DAY ZERO PROJECT (and of course a happy 2015)

First of all, hi.

Second of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!


I woke up this morning and thought, JEEEZ, 2015 already?! It doesn't feel like a year ago that I woke up on the first of January 2014,
feeling very sick and initially running to the bathroom but end up
falling off the stairs - I know, sounds like a fantastic start of the year... - Then I got all sentimental and cried to myself for a bit because, well, I don't know, it's just, 2014 is definately over now etc etc. - don't worry, I have this every year, I'll get over it ;) -


A lot has happened this year, but I am not going to ramble on about that all day as I am actually here for something else.

You have probably read the title of this blogpost thinking:
'What on earth is Day Zero and why is it more important than wishing
us a happy New Year?!'

I'll tell you.

- Even if you weren't thinking that I'm going to tell you anyway -

A while ago, I read this blogpost on the blog Lauresque, and I immediately thought: 'I want to do this! And as soon as possible if you please.'And now, two months later, the time has finally come for me to start my version of the DAY ZERO project.

I tried to change as much things as possible, but, sorry Laura, there also were a few of them I just could not get rid of, so hereby, the credits for a few of my goals go to Laura - if you want know what all of my goals are, you'll have to check my new page. EEEEEEEK, NEW PAGE !!!! You can find it in the bar under my header -

Now I don't think all of you know what DAY ZERO is, so I might firstly explain that. It is basically a challenge where you set up 101 goals for yourself, and then you try to accomplish all of them within the time limit of 1001 days - almost 3 years -

Some of the goals I've set myself are:

See the Northern Light
I am absolutely OBSESSED with the Northern Light, it's as simple as that, and it has always been a dream of mine to see it someday.

Get 'Listography' and finish it
I have seen this little book so many times in the last couple of months, you wouldn't believe it. A few of my friends have it, I have seen numerous blogposts about it, and all were very enthusiastic and pleased. So I thought; why not give it a try?   

Send someone an 'Open When...'

For those of you who don't know what an 'Open When...' is, it's a number of letters you sent to someone in a package, and on the envelopes you write when they can open which letter. - For example: Open when... You are feeling sad; Open when... You are on a holiday; etc. -

Buy nothing, except very much needed things, for three months
I'll probably be crying by the time I'm starting this...

Take part in the 'Nieuwjaarsduik'
Oops, that's a bit of cheating there, because I have already done this... Although it is not exactly cheating, as I did it this morning with five of my friends.
On the first of January.
So technically, that's not cheating. Anyway, the 'Nieuwjaarsduik' is kind of a tradition here in Holland, where on the first day of the new year, hundreds of people dive into the sea. In their bikinis and shorts and I don't know what else. Kind of like the ALS ice bucket challenge, but on a much, much bigger scale. - A bigger report on this will be up at the end of the month -

So, that were a couple of the goals I have set for myself, you can see the rest on the new page, where I'll also be noting what goals I have and haven't achieved yet.

What I'll also be doing is uploading an article at the end of every month to keep you guys updated on this project.

I'm so excited!!!

Have you ever done something like the DZP? If not, would you like to do one?

Love,
Rosaly 

No comments:

Post a Comment