Wednesday 21 January 2015

Rainy Day in Amsterdam...

Hi there!

The weather in Amsterdam in the winter is awful. Always. Except for maybe the very rare hours that it doesn't rain, it is absolutely deterrent. Therefore it is not very surprising that I miss summer a hell of a lot and that I'm craving hot chocolate and coffee. Especially coffee.

Anyway. Yesterday, I was meant to meet up with Laura in the Bagels&Beans, but she was ill and overslept, so we went for coffee today instead. In the B&B, naturally.





But that turned out to be more difficult than you'd think.
I woke up at a quarter to 1 in the afternoon, about an hour before I had to leave home. I rushed to the bathroom, jumped under the shower - to hot, aahh! - seized the first clothes I could get my hands on and did my make-up in no time - literally in a few minutes, rushing is good for my skin, it turns out ;) - An hour later, I was good to go. Just before I set foot outside the front door, my phone buzzed. Laura's bus was late. Great. Killed the following twenty minutes on my phone, realised I would now probably be late, and resumed my hurrying. Raced to the place where we would meet up, trying as hard as I could not to get run over. Made it on time, had to wait a few minutes, absolutely freeeeeezing, brrrrr. Finally, Laura stepped out of the bus, and crossed the street with a dashing smile on her face. We walked to the B&B, ordered our coffees, chatted, took some photos - this time not of our coffees, that seemed a bit clicé :) - and next thing I know, it was four pm and time to go home.

All in all - despite the stress of being late and stuff - I had a very good day. 

How about you?

Love,
Rosaly
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU TOOK A PICTURE OF ME. help?
    Anyway: I had a great afternoon and I hope (I guess) you did too. I like the part where you describe my smile as 'dashing', I like that word :)

    We'll probably have more of these litle meet-ups in the future (I'd like to anyway), but for now I'd like to wish you a good night and um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete