Thursday 19 February 2015

Day Zero: January 2015

Hi there!
It's February 19 today (?!) and I still haven't written a single thing about the first month of Day Zero. Oops. Big, big oops.
But, better late than never, so here we go!
- Goals accomplished: 4 (and a third)







(these pictures were taken on a phone so they're quite bad quality, SOWWY!)

081 || Nieuwjaarsduik
The first thing remarkable thing I did in 2015 - and probably the most remarkable thing I have done in my entire existence - was the 'Nieuwjaarsduik'. I basically ran into the iciest sea ever, mid-winter. Stupid. I know. It's kind of a thing here in Holland, something you do with your friends 'for fun'. Well, I can tell you, it was the least fun thing ever. As you can imagine, IT WAS SO COLD. We - me and 5 friends - stood there on the beach with about a hundred other people, a guy with a megaphone was counting down, and the moment he screamed 'GO!!!' there was just a mass of people running towards the sea, dipping into it - I actually stumbled so I landed with my butt IN the sea - and running back again. It wasn't exactly the sea that was so cold - it was icy as hell, don't misunderstand me - but the wind was FREEZING. And the combination of the two made us all go numb and painful and blegh. It wasn't until three hours later, when I was cuddled up on the couch with three hot-water bottles, five blankets and hot chocolate, that I started feeling my toes again. As you can see, we all look very pained... 


001 || Find my old piggy bank
I found this cutie by accident, I was searching through the attic for something I needed for school - haven't a clue what it should've been doing there - when I stumbled across it. I think I got it from my mum when I was five, basically to have somewhere to keep my money and not leave it all over the house. I used to have an obsession with giving lifeless things names, and that obsession kind of surfaced when I saw me ol' piggy.
So. Let's name it.
I'm a big fan of quibbles, and I came up with the following:
- Johnny Cash
- Mr. Murphy
- Miss Piggy
- Billy

Comment below which one you think is the best!

058 || Redesign my blog
I set up this goal with the intention of finishing it ASAP. I had this whole idea in my mind and I literally couldn't wait. Therefore, I was extremely excited when I had picked a date and started editing the lay-out. It didn't turn out exactly the way I had wanted it, but it almost never does, and I'm pretty happy and chuffed now :)




072 || Give at least 5 compliments a day
This is a goal I thought I would find very hard to stick with, because - as you know - I am THE most forgetful person to ever walk this earth, and I expected to have to give this one multiple shots. But I didn't! I found it so easy to keep up with the 5-a-day thing, and I noticed I actually enjoyed doing it, because I made the people around me smile, and that is one of the most wonderful things in life.

About the 4-and-a-third thing, I got my first - of three - A's, so yeah, I thought I couldn't NOT count that one ;)

What are things you did in January that you are happy with?

Love,
Rosaly

No comments:

Post a Comment