Wednesday 25 February 2015

Museum Experience #1

Hi there!

A couple of days ago, I went to the museum with my dad. Something I usually hate. Seriously, I'm not a person that gets grumpy quickly, but if you take me to a museum, wow. I'll ruin your whole day, basically - no offense, that's just me - But. Me and my dad went to an exhibition in the Allard Pierson Museum in Amsterdam, an exhibition I had picked out myself. And miraculously, I didn't hate it. Not at all. I loved it. That hadn't happened before, believe it or not.



The exhibition was all about 'Hidden Masters'. Ten famous Dutch peeps had searched the archives of ten different museums, and chosen a selection of artwork that had never been shown to public before. And this artwork was now exposed in ten rooms in the museum. And I gotta say, it was beautiful. If you are in Amsterdam somewhere in the next couple of weeks, you should go there, definately.



One of my favourites was a photo of a mother with her two children taken during the flood in 1953. There are other people around them, but their faces are the only ones you can see. I absolutely love the way this moment is captured. Well, I'm rambling, just see for yourselves.

Are you an art-person? Or whatever you want to call it ;)

Love,
Rosaly

1 comment:

  1. Really this is such a beautiful museum with amazing art! Oh i really want to go :D
    My compliments for your photo's they are really beautiful.
    Good vibes,

    ReplyDelete