Sunday 13 September 2015

WHAT I GOT FOR MY BIRTHDAY 2015

Hi there!

It's been a while since my birthday, but I thought it would be fun to show you some of the stuff people gave me for managing to exist for fifteen years.

QUICK DISCLAIMER: I'm not in any way trying to show off my birthday presents or anything like that, I just love reading / watching other people do this, so I thought I'd do it myself as well!

I've been absolutely spoilt rotten this year, so let's just start somewhere...

By far one of the biggest presents I got was from my parents. A laptop. Not a super duper fancy one, but one that works really well. I think I've already fallen in love with it. At least I don't have to ask my mum's permission to use her laptop any longer now ;)

Next is this plastic case for my iPhone, that I also got from my parents, and I think it's really really cute - plus I'm a big fan of good books as well so yah... -



Other stuff that my parents bought me are these cooking tools - is that a word? - from a little shop in Amsterdam called DEKSELS. There is a cake pop mold - that was really hard to photograph ;) - an icing set, spoons for measuring and a cute little scoop for flour or sugar. I just think these are really handy and fancy for when I'm baking a cake. A not so rare thing, these days.


Very recently, my father installed a bath in our bathroom, and therefore a few of my friends gave me these amazingly smelling bath bombs from LUSH, soaps from various shops and even a set of bubbly goodness for in the shower from I LOVE...!


To remain in the theme of things that smell absolutely amazing, I got this little bag with lavender that does not have any function other than smell good. You're supposed to put it in your wardrobe, but I've just put it in a cabinet in my room and now it's sitting there, spreading a hint of lavender through the whole room.


Another one of my favourites is this eau de toilette from ELIZABETH ARDEN in the smell Green Tea Lavender. It smells AMAZING and... the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! I haven't really got anything to say about this, other than I love it and I can't wait to wear this every day :)


Moving on to make up. My friend Femke gave me this make up bag, and I think it's absolutely adorable. On one side it says 'PARIS' and on the other side in teeny tiny letter it says 'OUI'. I've already put most of my mascaras, kohl eye pencils and eyeliners in, including one from KIKO that my friends Jieling (from We'll be okay) and Mila gave to me. It has a really sharp, felt tip, which is perfect for winged eyeliner and thin lines. I'm not too good at winged eyeliner yet, but practice will hopefully make perfect.


More make up! My lovely neighbour, who is a complete make up guru, got me this lip gloss from RIMMEL LONDON. It basically consists of two sides, one for colour, and one for securing it and making sure it doesn't go anywhere, which is not particularly necessary for me, but could come in handy at some point.


This one is from a good friend of my mum's, and I think it's really cute that she picked it up for me. It's a box - duh - with all kinds of cute letterings, and inside are loads of candy hearts. It does have a lid, don't worry.


Next up is books and CD's. I got quite a few of those this year, and seeing as I think you will know most of them, I thought, instead of writing a whole paragraph on each one, I would just list them here.

I also got Shawn Mendes' new album 'Handwritten', but something went wrong with the delivery - you know, the FedEx guys - and it arrived broken, so we sent it back and are still waiting for another one to get delivered.


Lastly I got this bracelet from one of my friends and I LOVE it. I love everything about it, the colour, the beads, the way it looks on my wrist, it's absolutely gorgeous. One thing I'm always scared about with beaded bracelets like this one, is that at one point, they'll start falling apart. It's happened to me before and I really hope it does NOT happen again...


Anyways, I really hope you liked this post, and possibly got some inspiration out of it for your own birthday or that of someone close to you.

BYE!

Love,
Rosaly

No comments:

Post a Comment