Tuesday 14 April 2015

RECIPE: EASY CHOCOLATE SNACKS

Hi there!

I'm sorry this post has come so late - Tuesday instead of Sunday, OOPS - . It's not the first, I know. All my post seem to come late, recently. My brain just seems to want to neglect these uploading dates I set, which is really annoying me. Anyway, I'm trying - and I have been uploading two posts a week which is like a really big progress because it used to be like one every two weeks or so! :) -

Imagine a snack, that tastes of chocolate, but not the kind of chocolate that makes you feel sorry for your dentist, no, the kind that makes you feel like you just ate something sweet and sugary, but fresh at the same time. Now add a bit of shredded coconut. And the sweet taste of dates. And some hazelnuts for the texture. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS RECIPE IS ABOUT. And what if I would tell you they're healthy? On top of all of that? HEALTHY. H - E - A - L - T - H - Y. Really? Really!

So. Today I introduce you to...


... these badboys.

It's not exactly my recipe, but I came across it on the webbedieweb - 'slang' for 'the internet' - and changed it up a little. So it's sort of my recipe. Kinda. Right?



What you will need
- 200 grams of dates, pitted
- 120 grams of hazelnuts
- 50 grams of almonds
- 60 grams of - room temperature - coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- tip: add goji berries or chia seeds for some extra superfoodness - that a word? -
- rough shredded coconut
- blender or food processor

What you will have to do:
Let the dates soak in lukewarm water, for about 10 to 15 minutes, then throw everything EXCEPT the shredded coconut into your blender and blend, blend, blend until it's 'smooth' and thoroughly mixed. Put in away for 10 minutes. Roll balls of the desired size, roll through the shredded coconut and put in the fridge for about an hour. Bon appetit!


You can eat as many of these as you want, but watch out, because after 20 minutes, when the first one arrives in your stomach, you will feel like lying down and never standing up again. I warn you, they're ridiculously nutritious - I took ALOT of time spelling those two words out, jeeeeeeez -

I hope you have an awesome Tuesday!

Love,
Rosaly

No comments:

Post a Comment