Tuesday 22 December 2015

RECIPE: CHRISTMAS LUNCH | BLOGMAS DAY 21

Hi there!

I know I said this yesterday, but CHRISTMAS. It's literally almost here and I couldn't be more excited! I honestly want to ashshdfjdfl away in caps, but I won't, because that's a little bit inappropriate. Although. This is my own blog, after all.

AFHSJFHFHGVNISFH... - just kidding.

Moral of the story, I'm excited. For Christmas, should you be wondering.




Today, I wanted to share with you the recipe for my perfect Christmas lunch. It was kind of a gamble, I made it up myself, but it turned out absolutely DELISH and I ate way too much of it this afternoon - and didn't eat dinner because I was still too full #foodgoalz. First few pictures are slightly wobbly, but I was just very psyched to eat my lunch that I - being my stupid self - didn't really try my hardest to make the photo's perfecto. Sozz. I was hungry, okay?



It's completely vegetarian, and if you are a vegan you can replace the quark / yoghurt by coconut yoghurt or whatever dairy replacement you usually use.

What you will need for two people:
- 1 eggplant
- 100 grams of dandelion salad
- 1 pomegranate
- 6 tbsp of quark / yoghurt
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 4, or more, slices of your favourite bread
- olive oil
- salt and pepper

Step 1: Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Step 2: Wash your eggplant and cut it in slices lengthways. Prepare a baking sheet, put the eggplant slices on it and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of oregano. Put those in the oven for 15 minutes, turn them over and put back in for another 15 minutes.

Step 3: Cut the pomegranate in four pieces, take a bowl with water and carefully take the red pips from the white stuff. The water will make it a lot easier, and the non-usable stuff will drift to the surface, the usable stuff will sink to the bottom.

Step 4: Mix the quark / yoghurt with the horseradish, oregano and lemon juice, and add a pinch of salt.

Step 5: Wash your salad and arrange all the segments, along with two slices of bread, on a plate.

Enjoy!



I absolutely love this dish. It's perfect to me, it has everything that I love in it and that makes me want to eat this 24/7. If there was one thing I would have to eat for the rest of my life, it would be this. Definately. Chocolate would be out of the question, I would go straight for the 'Dandelion salad with roasted eggplant and pomegranate' as seen on the blog Love, Rosaly.

;)

Hope you liked today's post, tomorrow I will be uploading 4 Christmas party outfits so keep yo eyes peeled for that one - I think I said the exact same thing yesterday.... Blegh. I'll hopefully see you tomorrow, goodnight / have a great day!

Love,
Rosaly

No comments:

Post a Comment